Sunday, November 30, 2014

Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Inspired Makeup


Hello!

So today we travel very deep into the ocean to discover Sarah Burton's swimming Spring 2012 collection. This show was held in a large white room with a massive chandelier that practically touched the floor! The inspirations were sea creatures and desire.

“I was thinking about a woman as an object of desire. We go to such lengths to adorn ourselves that we almost become our clothes or are taken over by them. This is a collection about excess – an exploration of ideals of beauty at their most extreme.” Sarah Burton

This collection was held a few months after the Royal Wedding so there was quite a bit of pressure for Sarah to deliver something amazing. And that she did. The first quarter of the show began with outfits in trios: suit jackets and skirts, little dresses in pale pink, gold and spun jacquards and beading with lace detailing. That eventually gave way to a trio of babydoll dresses in lilac, pale pink and peach and with a corset underneath and hand massaged ruffles. Then came a section of black gowns, jackets and dresses which people said was the "sea witch of the collection". That expanded into a finale of gowns all covered in metal embroideries and lace detailing and pearls and even more ruffles. Each piece was paired with a lace headpiece with embellishment matching the outfit.

I was able to pick a few of my favorites as inspiration (above). The first a jacquard waist piece and skirt with a corset belt and lace bra. The second being a bright orangey red dress with a ruffled skirt and pearl detailing on the cutout top. The last a gown with gold metal embroidery and and organza ruffles.



For my look I took inspiration from fishes and the movement in the show. This isn't my favorite look I've created but I still really like it. I don't think really any look could touch the beauty of the collection, personally.


The skin was kept very dewy but not shimmery. I didn't want any shimmer on the skin, just a healthy looking base. I applied a peachy cream blush to the cheeks and that was about it.


For the eyes I applied gold cream eyeshadow and blended it out really well. I also applied a white eyeliner to the upper and lower waterlines to make my eyes look really big. The little shapes on the temples were drawn with a purple eyeliner, a pale blue eyeliner and an orange lip pencil. I don't know what they are, maybe fish gills or something. I just thought they added to the look. When all was done I applied waterproof mascara.

For my brows I put a little concealer on a disposable mascara wand and brushed it through them. this gave the face a feeling of space and made it feel a little more masculine. (Weirdly enough, my face looked super girly with dark eyebrows, and with this look I wanted it to feel like a guy could wear it too of he decides so.)



For the lips I first applied a bit of Vaseline before I did anything else on my face, this allows it to sink and moisturize them. At the end I removed it and overlined my lips just a bit to shape them. I did this with a nude lip liner.Then I applied a coral lipstick and clear lip gloss for extra shine.

I really hope you enjoy this and I'll see you soon! =D

For the full collection:  http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2012-ready-to-wear/alexander-mcqueen
Or to learn more about the brand, look through their old shows or shop: Alexandermcqueen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment