Sunday, October 19, 2014

Alexander McQueen Fall 2011 Inspired Makeup


I'm back!

So this is the third look in my Alexander McQueen series and takes inspiration from Sarah Burton's second show. In case you're wondering I will be doing all of her shows for the house in order (Excluding mens, pre-fall and resort.)

So for this show the theme was "The Ice Queen and her Court" and was in the Conciergerie where Marie Antoinette held as a prisoner. Lee also held a show here in the early 2000s.

This collection was held a few months prior the Royal Wedding, so this collection was considered a collection fit for princesses. This show specifically had a touch of Lee's darkness but in a way that felt very light. They were separates in grey and black and menswear fabrics with touches of fur and zipper detailing as well as amazing dresses just doused in dyed furs. The collection then expanded into dresses in white with smocking techniques and amazing embroideries in organza. The collection then erupted into Sarah's amazing gowns in frayed and ruffled organza with details of feathers and even broken china. Some pieces were topped off with leather harnesses and collars.

Just (a few) of my favorite looks are above. An amazing coat of sheared fur to create shapes on the coat, a pale purple ruffled organza dress, which mind you was the only colored piece in the whole show, and a gown with a bodice of feathers, a skirt of textured fabric and a train of more feathers and fur.


For my look I obviously took inspiration from all the amazing textures in the collection. I really wanted to make it feel kind of icy but with the idea of all that fur.

 For the skin I moisturized very well beforehand and then layered on a really matte foundation with key highlighting. On the bridge of the nose, the the cheekbones, temples, cupids bow, and chin. I then added a pale pink blush.





For the eyes I wanted to create the look of fur. This look only took about four tries and four completely different ideas. I applied an eyeshadow base then on top applied a matte white eyeshadow. I then took a liquid eyeliner pen (my personal favorite kind of eyeliner) and just started to make these lines. It didn't even matter what kind of lines, I just had this gut feeling it would be cool. I ended with the result above. It just looks cool. Afterwards I lined my waterlines with a white eyeliner.

For the eyebrows I took a disposable mascara wand and ran foundation on it lightly. I brushed it though my eyebrows to make them a bit paler. 


I don't know what drove me to do the berry purpley lip. I just thought it would look cool and I love that purple dress and knew it had to be incorporated somehow. I just layered a a deep purple lipstick (I used one from Wet n Wild)  over a dark red one with a touch of a really dark wine color. The layered a clear gloss over that.

I really hope you guys enjoy this and I'll see you soon! 

For the full collection: http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/fall-2011-ready-to-wear/alexander-mcqueen
Or to learn more about the brand, look through their old shows or shop: Alexandermcqueen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment